23-26 April 2017
Loew's Ventana Canyon Link
18-20 May 2017
16 July 2017
Hyatt Regency Hotel Link
President's Message: 1
ACLAM Announcements: 3
Foundation News: 7
Open Positions: 9
Overview for Development of ACLAM Position Papers /Statements
When timely and relevant topics arise that are deemed by the Board of Directors or College membership to be deserving of a professional review, a Position Paper (>2 pages in length) or a Position Statement (<2 pages length) may be created ad hoc to address the stated need.
Position Papers/Statements will be overseen by the ACLAM Publications Committee and the following series of events will occur from inception to publication:
- A "Lead" for the Position Paper/Statement will volunteer or be identified from the College membership; this person will be responsible for organizing a volunteer group of writers/editors/subject matter experts to address the intended topic;
- Following the drafting of the Position Paper/Statement, the Lead will submit the draft to the Publications Committee Chair for assessment (the Lead and contributors will be provided on the document as the authors);
- The Publications Committee Chair will then forward the Position Paper/Statement to the Board of Directors for additional feedback (this interaction will continue until a final draft is completed and approved by the President);
- The Position Paper/Statement will then be provided on the website to the College membership for commentary on substantive additions (suggested max of a 30-day period);
- Following the comment period, the Position Paper/Statement will be finalized by the BOD, posted to the ACLAM website and delivered to the AALAS Journal Editors, where it may be considered for official publication;
- If published in the AALAS Journals, the final journal publication in downloadable PDF will replace the posted document on the ACLAM website.
Existing Position Paper/Statement will be reviewed within 5 years of publication/posting to determine if the topic remains relevant, the perspectives or references need updating, or if the document should be archived from the website.
Reproducibility Updated 12/8/16
Adequate Veterinary Care Updated 12/8/16
Pain and Distress Updated 12/8/16
Rodent Surgery Updated 12/8/16